Cheap Brand Coord Challenge

Good day friends, affiliates, and otherwise! Today I come to you all with a post inspired by Cupcake Kamisama's post where she makes three sweet lolita brand coords as cheaply as possible using Wunderwelt and Closet Child's currently available items. I asked her if I could borrow the idea, and she said I could, so no one can say I'm copying or stealing!

The rules are simple:


  • Everything must be brand, a well known Japanese brand, to be more specific.
  • I must do the coord head to toe, excluding jewelry/accessories other than a head bow, and no petticoat since Closet Child doesn't have those
  • Everything must be available for purchase as of the day I'm posting (on Closet Child)
  • I have to do this as cheaply as possible (and the prices are in yen)

Sweet Lolita Coord

Sweet Lolita Coordinate
ItemPriceLink
BTSSB JSK5940here
META blouse3800here
BTSSB bow1346here
AP OTKs1980here
META shoes4950here
Total18016
 
So the cheapest sweet lolita jsk was a BTSSB dress in an unfortunately rare shade of pink. This made my search for a match incredibly difficult, but there weren't enough white items on CC to provide a cheap option.








Gothic Lolita Coord

Gothic Lolita Coordinate
ItemPriceLink
IW JSK6050here
AP blouse3850here
AATP headband2860here
IW OTKs1374here
META shoes4950here
Total19084

Now I started making these about a day ago, and Id originally had an 8000 yen jsk, but today I saw this new jsk for only 6000 yen, so I switched them out. Also, there weren't any black shoes that were both brand and cheap, so I decided to go with white. I then used the headpiece to hopefully tie in the white.












Classic Lolita Coord

Classic Lolita Coordinate
ItemPriceLink
IW JSK4950here
IW blouse4400here
IW OTKs1980here
IW bow1320here
META shoes4950here
Total17600
A lot of items on CC walk the fine line between cream and white. I originally had a pair of brown tea parties for 9900 yen, but decided that, despite the arguable whiteness of them, the meta shoes would serve their part again. I'm not well enough versed in classic lolita, but I think I did a decent job with this one.













And there you have it folks! Three lolita coords all under $200! These items are all currently available as of the time I'm posting, and the links all work!

Comments

  1. Those are quite good! To me the gothic one looks more like sweet done in black, but to be honest with those challenges gothic coordinates are not that easy. You need very specific cuts of things, which means either more expensive pieces or lesser known brands, unless you are very lucky on the day you're searching for things. Are you planning on repeating this now with Wunderwelt or are you going to stick to Closet Child only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to do a Wunderwelt one soon. And yeah, the gothic one was hard, since most of the brands only carried OPs and I wanted to use a JSK.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angelic Pretty's 50s Obsession

Spreadsheet of Needs

First Ever Meetup!