Learning

Hello friends, affiliates, and otherwise. Today's post is going to be a tad bit more serious. I want to talk about the newcomers to the fashion, coming from a newcomer's perspective. In the past two weeks, I have made mistake after mistake, whether I was being a little too immature or annoying on discord, or I posted a question on Rufflechat and wasn't prepared for the comments, or I let my limited knowledge of the fashion disguise itself as more info than it was. I have let myself get cocky and I shouldn't have.

If you are in the same boat as me, where you are both young in age and experience, then I hope to be able to help you as well as myself by writing this.

My number one piece of advice is don't post or write anything you aren't able to handle harsh comments on. Just because Closet of Frills says constructive criticism doesn't mean everyone on there knows how to be constructive. You will maybe write a comment and get beat down on because you were wrong even though you honestly thought you were right. 

Second, don't worry too much about things. This is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a lifetime of debt and hate. If you are worried about money, check out this video by LovelyLor on youtube. If you are worried about your age, don't incessantly comment about if its okay that you are ___ years old, its probably fine with your comm. If you are worried about your size, or your skin color, or even your gender, I can't recommend FluffyKawaiiJo enough. Her motto is "Everyone can be kawaii!" and she's damn good about making sure you feel like you can be cute. Don't get too hung up about what one person commented, or what one person said. Learn to just say screw it. Just don't worry.

Like I said, and as the title suggests, I'm also still learning. Please don't take my word as gospel. Writing this post was as much about reminding myself of these things as it was advising you all. Remember: this is a fun hobby.

Comments

  1. Tbh, that's all anyone ever asks of newbies in this community: to keep an open mind and be willing to learn. It's a great attitude in life too and one would think that with us living in the age of internet, more people would have that purely based on their experience of googling various stuff (because how often do we google something during an argument or debate, thinking that we're right, when in fact we're wrong?). It's a shame that the loud minority once again gives a bad name to the wider group, as I've seen loads of new lolitas who not only really did their research, but soaked up new knowledge and concrit like a sponge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angelic Pretty's 50s Obsession

Spreadsheet of Needs

First Ever Meetup!